Sunday, March 04, 2018

It's Been a While


I have been spending a lot of time expressing my opinions in short bursts on Facebook, so I haven't been in here for a while. In fact, it took me a while to remember HOW to post here. This particular item, however, could not really be done justice in just a sentence or two. I have posted it, but I believe many will just roll their eyes and move on. We shall see. Meanwhile, I need to get in here more often and I have promised it in the past. Let's see about that as well. So, this has to do with the tragedy in Parkland Florida and how one parent is being used as a tool for the NRA. IMHO, of course, as usual...





The link above points to the interview Andrew Pollack gave on Face the Nation this morning. The image is something that has made the rounds on the internet. If you care to watch the interview in full, you will have to click on the link to view it. I would like to summarize it myself, if you would indulge me. Sorry, but this may take a while.

OK, first off, I would like everybody to know that I am deeply sorry for his loss. Nobody should have to bury their children, especially under these terrible circumstances.

Having said that, however, I maintain that he is milking this and, were I conspiratorial like Alex Jones and his ilk, perhaps he is a "plant", perhaps unknowingly. He was ready to have his picture taken and appears to have made a conscious decision to show his continued support for Trump. Initially I thought this was a bit "out there". But then I listened to his interview.

The VERY FIRST thing he did was to advertise a website devoted to his daughter, remembermeadow.com. I went there, expecting to maybe see a place where I could offer my condolences. Instead, I see a place to donate for a playground in his daughter's honor. Not what I was expecting, but let's continue with his interview.

He said that only AFTER EVERY school in America is safe can we discuss gun control and, in his words. "...gun laws right now are not achievable...". But apparently he thinks it IS achievable to make every single school safe. A little delusional at best, if I give him the benefit of the doubt, but it kinda rings like the NRA has gotten their claws into him, IMHO.

I could go on because he made me have to roll my eyes back more than a few times. So, I suggest that, if you have 6 more minutes to spare (sorry if I have taken up more than that myself...), you listen to his interview with an open mind. To Mr. Pollack I reiterate, I am deeply sorry for your loss. But if you intend to follow through on what it says on your t-shirt, then it appears you have learned little from this tragedy. #my2cents

No comments: