Sunday, February 14, 2016


Hater-in-Chief.
It is Already Working.
 

I recently got the above issue of Esquire with Donald Trump on the cover in the mail. The article inside is pretty spot on regarding what he is doing to the gullible people in this country and I have a personal experience to show it.
It is not a secret that this is a political year and I have recently been bombarded (carpet bombed???) on Facebook by all kinds of images either promoting the crazies in the GOP circus or disparaging the Democrats. I am writing this on the day after the GOP debate in South Carolina and the thing that I can’t understand is how the bully Trump, who was soundly booed for his behavior, is still leading in the polls there. Incredible.

Now I am all for adult debate on the issues but it seems there are people on the right who either send out ridiculous images or outright lies and present them as if they are uncontroverted facts. I recently saw one where there was an image of Hillary side by side with an image of a brown paper bag. The text attached said something along the lines of “Hillary…A Bag of Shit… Can You Tell the Difference?” How does one debate that? There are other times that falsehoods or misrepresentations are presented as fact and at least in that case you should be able to present your side of the story. However, in the current atmosphere where the flames of hatred are being fired up by the likes of Trump, Cruz, Rubio, et al, you need to watch out. I recently tried to, what I thought was merely provide the opposite opinion of things I thought were presented unfairly and I went to the trouble of researching and providing links to articles where I felt these things were being disproved. You would not believe the firestorm I provoked, however. I was called some pretty nasty things, summarily un-friended and then, when I tried to again do the adult thing and explain that what I was doing was debating the issues, I was then called insulting and profane names and accused of harassment.
This is the environment that is being provoked by this hateful man and, apparently he doesn’t even need to be elected, he is already having the effect he wants and it is all really to satisfy the egomaniacal, narcissistic carnival barker he is. IMHO, of course…


No comments: